Sunday, March 28, 2010

Pah! Learn who your interpreter is!

Personal.....Accessible....Honest.... PAH!

My favorite thing about PAHrelay.tv is that you can give feedback on any Video Relay (VR) interpreters on their website. If you don't like an interpreter, you can let PAHRelay know about it. If you loved the interpreter, you also can let them know that as well. Feedback is welcome on their website.

Another thing I love about their website is that they allow you to check each interpreter's biography. You can find out what are their specialties, credentials (certifications), and more. That's awesome.


In my case, I made a VRS call and I picked a random subject; the difference between a regular toothbrush and an electric toothbrush. I felt she interpreted my signs and my gestures very well. I was pleased. I checked the website to find out who she was.


Ahh ha! I got Vada as my interpreter. I found out her id number and that she has been interpreting for over 30 years. Her certifications include CI and CT, IIC and her specialties are religious, mental health, and educational. That's great to know! By the way, the friend that I called thought the intrepreter did a very competent job!

PAH Relay's philosophy is "our interpreters are partners, not employees. All are highly qualified and have a strong desire to serve the Deaf Community. In fact, our partners don’t just take VRS calls – they continue to work in the Community,"

You can call them @ PAHrelay.tv or Hang people can call @ 866-351-0975. A 10-digit number may be obtained. The website doesn't mention if it offers VCO, VRI, or any other kinds of services. PAH Relay is not certified and have not replied to my request for an interview yet.

Next VRS Provider : SorensonVRS

No comments:

Post a Comment