Friday, March 26, 2010

I am seeing stars with this Video Relay Services: NationwideVRS

NationwideVRS offer NationwideVRS.tv, 10-dight number, and a 911 services. Also you can add NationWideVRS  onto your Instant Messenger (IM) such as AIM and others. Lastly, you can do ip-relay on their website directly. That's nice for those people at work who can't do IM. I am not sure if NationwideVRS offers any other services. The information on the website was very minimal and simple.

Additionally, I didn't really like the logo. The stripes, stars, and letters hurt my eyes a bit. I didn't like having to type in a long name "NationwideVRS.tv" (13 letters) in order to call VRS. It would be a lot easier to type in "NWVRS.tv" or something similar to that.



I tested their NationwideVRS.tv. I was connected within 2 seconds. I didn't have to wait at all. That was awesome. But then as I signed, I noticed the interpreter kept blinking her eyes every 5 seconds and did ask me to repeat things a  few times. She did have her glasses on. My friend noticed that she paused often during our conversation, she would say, please wait a minute. My friend assumed that she couldn't keep up with the conversation. The interpreter was polite and eventually got the message across properly. Maybe she just needs to buy a new pair of glasses so she can keep up better!

Nevertheless, I must applaud NationwideVRS because it is is a Relay Service Provider owned by the Deaf. I sent an email to CustomerService@NationWideVRS.com a while ago to try to set up an interview with the company via email or VP. I haven't received a response yet. Hopefully, he or she will respond soon. I'll keep you posted of any further updates.

Next VRS Provider: Pah Relay

1 comment:

  1. I do enjoy reading your information about VRS, can we discuss this on VP because I would like to know if youa re interested to become our team with my project? Please let me know by email me at info@myvrs.org

    ReplyDelete