Thursday, March 25, 2010

Hola Amigos Gracias Relay Services (GraciasVRS)

Hola! ¿Cómo estás? Estoy fantástico. Me encanta usar Gracias VRS.Es tan fácil de traducir al español de ASL y viceversa!
translates into:
Hello! How are you? I'm doing fantastic. I love using Gracias VRS. It's so easy to translate from ASL to Spanish and vice versa!


That's just what I said to my friend from Puetro Rico. I haven't talked to her for a year and I thought this was a perfect opportunity for me to try out GraciasVRS. We ended up chatting for an hour and it was very easy and smooth. The female Latina interpreter had strange blond dyed hair, but it was easy for me to overlook that because she was very professional and smooth. I understood her perfectly. My Puerto Rican friend enjoyed the conversation a great deal. She told me that "the interpreter was fast and very effective in translating ASL into Spanish, and then from Spanish back into ASL. The  conversation went perfectly and just as normal as if she were translating English into ASL. Great fun!"

You can contact GraciasVRS @ GraciasVRS.tv and Hearing people can call @ (877) 326-387. You may sign up with them and get a 10-digit number, software, and videomail. I am not sure if it is safe to assume that if you do have a 10-digit number, then you can do 911? Their website doesn't say.


Speaking of their website, I thought it was done professionally. It was appealing and easy to navigate. Nice colors, but I don't recommend putting light colors fonts on light backgrounds. You can follow them on Twitter or Facebook. The future looks bright for them especially for the Spanish-Speaking population.

Next VRS Provider : HawkRelay

2 comments:

  1. Did you realized that GraciasVRS using CSDVRS platform too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Thank you for reminding us. :)

    ReplyDelete