Thursday, March 18, 2010

CACVRS Video Relay Provider (Who am I really dealing with?)


I called CACVRS at CACVRS.TV. At first, it rang 4 times and then it hung up for no reason. So I tried again and it was dialing for about 20 seconds. Then boom, a male interpreter showed up. The conversation went smoothly. There was a slight misunderstanding. The interpreter thought I said blackberry, but I really said blockbuster. Not a big issue though. Additionally, the video quality was not the best, but good enough to last a conversation. 15 fps and above. The friend that I called thought the interpreter was not quite as smooth as most interpreters. He was also very casual with my friend and not as professional as other interpreters tend to be.  The conversation was understood, but with a few glitches from this company.

Then I went online to check out their website. What do you know??? http://www.cacvrs.org/ did not work! I was baffled. How can that be? I googled it up and I got surprising news...

According to myvrs.org, "CACVRS filed Chapter 11 Bankruptcy)." I googled again and found out another interesting note, "Viable is under CACVRS. FCC will not pay directly to Viable. Viable will billed to CACVRS." (proud-geek). I am guessing that means CACVRS owned Viable? If that is true, then it would explain why they filed Chapter 11 Bankruptcy. What a bummer..

But then I became confused because whose VRS provider did  I just call? So I called again and got the same interpreter. I asked him what was the name of the company. He replied, "CACVRS"... Now I'm confused... Can anyone clarify this?

Next VRS Provider: CALLVRS

3 comments:

  1. cacvrs.tv [66.211.1.167] still points at URrelay's platform (urrelay.tv is 66.211.1.172, for example).

    URrelay services a number of VRS providers, but was billing through CAC before they were refused payment by NECA during the fraud investigations last year.

    Not knowing how URrelay works, my guess is that this was an interpreter for URrelay or perhaps an "overflow interpreter" from another one of their VRS providers they host that was presented a message telling them to announce the call as "CACVRS".

    Then again, I could be wrong, and there very well might be intepreters working directly for CAC somehow... I just don't know how they're getting paid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI, Viable used CACVRS for billing to get money from FCC because Viable doesnt have FCC cerfiated and Maryland Telephone cerfictaed then FCC busted Viable. Then CACVRS had $8 million worth of viable funds but Viable screwed up so CACVRS got in mess because of Viable... Now they decided to close the vrs business... I'm curprised you still can connect them... HMMMMMM

    I better updated myvrs.org that CACVRS still in VRS but maybe the bankpructy is pending??? I need the official ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same with Convorelay using CACVRS..

    ReplyDelete