Wednesday, April 28, 2010

American Sign Language (ASL) movies in 3-d !!!!!

This is a neat movie made by Vcom3d and Gallaudet University.

(The Forest)

 (First Finnish virtual sign language)

Pretty neat!!!!!!

I do wonder.....

Does that mean that human interpreters could be eventually replaced with technology? Think about it. If technology can translate voice into words, then does that mean that  technology will eventually be able to translate voice into any form of sign language such as Signed Exact English (SEE), Pidgin Sign(ed) English (PSE), American Sign Language (ASL), or any others?

What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Why can I not post this on my FB profile? I've tried twice (it worked once, then left), but it won't go there. And yet the system states it was posted.

    Anyone know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nevermind. It worked after all. ;-) I just didn't know I'd have to wait a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some strange reason, it's not there now. I've tried posting and re-posting, but it keeps appearing then disappearing. Why, I do not know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry you are experiencing technical difficulties.

    In case, here's the link to the YouTube video.

    http://www.youtube.com/user/dfman18#p/a/u/0/nhdywSbCJso
    (make sure you do acknowledge that it i s originally posted on http://www.vcom3d.com/vault_files/forest_asl/)

    Thank you and enjoy the video.

    ReplyDelete