Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sign Language in Space!!!!!

That's right! We have an astronaut aboard the International Space Station (ISS) and she is sending us a video message in sign language! Pretty nifty huh!?


"Ultimately, this isn't really about me learning or knowing ASL," stated Caldwell Dyson. "This story should be an avenue for deaf students -- from children in kindergarten to college undergraduates to doctoral candidates -- to see themselves belonging to this amazing thing called NASA and participating in scientific research and space exploration."

What's next now??? How about Mars??? (smile)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this story! I'm learning ASL right now, and came across your blog post when looking for a deaf current event. Thanks to you sharing this article from NASA, I was able to learn a lot, realize I know more ASL then I thought, and even finish my homework!!

    Thanks again!
    Cori
    http://corisbigmouth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure. I'm glad you learned something new. :)

    ReplyDelete